Petitgrain is one of our newest essential oils and I'm so excited about it! Petitgrain comes from the leaves of the bitter orange tree (orange oil comes from the rind of the fruit and neroli comes from the blossom). dōTERRA's Petitgrain is sourced from Paraguay. Through their Cō-Impact Sourcing initiative, they are able to bring life back into the Petitgrain industry in this region, that prior was dying.
This oil is known to have a similar chemistry to Lavender, so you can think of it as very calming and soothing. It is also fantastic for cardiovascular health and healthy blood pressure, may help shorten the time it takes to fall asleep, helps with mental fatigue, and is great for the skin.
Here are some great and practical uses!
10 Ways to Use Petitgrain
- Oily Skin No More! Combine 3 drops Petitgrain, 2 drops Ylang Ylang, and 4 drops Sandalwood in a base of coconut oil or add to your favorite facial moisturizer. Apply to your face nightly.
- Soothe Sensitive Skin! Apply 2 drops Petitigrain and 2 drops Geranium in a carrier oil over the face at night to relieve and soothe sensitive skin.
- Emotional Relief Bath! To relieve nervous exhaustion and uplift the mood, take a bath with 4 drops Petitigrain and 2 drops Ylang Ylang in a cup of Epsom salts.
- Sleep Long and Hard! Add 4 drops Petitgrain and 4 drops Lavender to your diffuser to help fall asleep quickly and sleep longer and more restful.
- Reduce Blood Pressure! Mix 3 drops Petitgrain and 3 drops Ylang Ylang in a carrier oil and apply over the heart in a circular motion. Use this daily for long term effects.
- Manly Lavender! If your man doesn’t like the smell of Lavender, but would like to enjoy the benefits, simply substitute Petitgrain. It’s chemistry is very similar to lavender, but with a more manly smell.
- Natural Deodorant! Apply Petitgrain with a carrier oil to the under arms to help reduce excessive perspiration and reduce odor.
- Greasy Hair! Apply 2 drops Petitgrain and 2 drops Basil to your shampoo to help balance oil production of the scalp.
- Citrus Blossom Diffuser Blend! Combine 3 drops Petitgrain, 3 drops Tangerine or Wild Orange, 2 drops Bergamot, 2 drops Lime, and 2 drops Lavender. Add to your favorite diffuser for a mood brightening aroma!
- Refresh & Get Grounded Diffuser Blend! Combine 4 drops Balance, 3 drops Petitgrain, and 2 drops Eucalyptus. Add to your favorite diffuser for a refreshing and grounding aroma.
If you're ready to get started, try essential oils, and experience tons of benefits just like these, check out how to get started here.